Friday, November 23, 2018

MY BLACK & WHITE FRIDAY

The frigid weather played a role in my Friday. First , I did not go shopping anywhere! The angst created by the drum-beating  media would appeal to a certain strain in our complex world. In watching the CBS News just now I am amazed on how our world turn$.

I am more in a provocative thought as my grandson, Chase, is now 14. It is heartening to see this young man excel in so many ways. I said yesterday Chase is eclectic and that he is.  The sad truth of the matter is my dad, Joseph E. Potvin at his age of 14 was forced in quitting NBHS to work at H.H. Brown Shoe, NB.

The Potvin and Poulin families had 17 siblings necessitating leaving high school and working for peanuts. This forced action by my Grandfather Potvin  who was stern in  bringing about a fear with his 6 children. This situation carried a stigma with Dad for life. He had an inferiority complex.

As talented as he was, his complex held him back. He did, however, marry a talented lady, Rita Ida, the oldest of 7 who "took charge." Their marriage was compatible  and lasted 47 years.

I think how fortunate I am, my sons Ben and Josh are, and my five grandchildren are with high hopes. Education plays a big role in the total development of an individual. It is a totally different world today than it was in 1927 when he cried and was forced into the work force.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHASE! Show 'em your stuff!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
"POPS"
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA




No comments:

Post a Comment