Monday, November 19, 2018

JUST HOW GOOD ARE YOU AS A SALESMEN?

In retrospect I have been a good salesman since day one!

Mother related to me as a toddler I would lay on the floor beneath her ironing board and 'pump" her with questions! Simply stated I WANTED TO KNOW!

Curious minds may make the best sales people?!

Through my entire life I have enjoyed the selling process..[ of anything.]
Noted author and sales trainer, Dale Carnegie, is credited in giving the 5 steps in selling:
  1. Attention ..gotta get their attention
  2. Interest .. Must build a fire under their butt with supporting facts
  3. Conviction [ this is the tough one] to get folks believing your message
  4. Desire bringing the potential customer into being a believer
  5. CLOSE ..Shake hands, embrace and have a done deal!
Through my entire life I have been a sponge for wanting to be better. 'Talking in terms of the other man's interest' will waltz you through the sales process be it a car, a new home or a new [wife.] LOL.

A great salesman OBSERVES AND GIVES RECOGNITION WHEN DUE. Recently I was talking to a stranger who sported an MIT gold class ring. I notices the beaver in the ring's design! MIT? The guy was elated when I pointed out my astute observation.

Another time I was at a ball card show in the DC area with Ben & Josh. I recognized this man and said to him ' I know what you do for a living.' He blushed. Bruce Bowen was a Secret Service body guard for George H.W. Bush. I had a picture of him taken in Exeter, NH, when I covered the 1992 Presidential race.

By paying attention to your prospective buyer.. play things to your advantage... and yes, "behind every NO there is a YES!  and success on the 5th call. perseverance!

 "All set?" Also, "let your appearance aide your message!"

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A MAN WHO LOVES THE SELLING PROCESS
bOX 11
West Brookfield, MA



No comments:

Post a Comment