Tuesday, April 17, 2018

THE UNDISCIPLINED AMERICAN

No matter where I tavel in Spencer and the Brookfields and beyond I am haunted by what I see:Some people live in squalor! Their homes  amd lifestyles reveal PROBLEMS!

I was brought up in an environment of hard work. At age 14 mother would have me washing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees. I then applied a coat of Beacon floor polish and I felt good about things. I shined my 5 pair of shoes every Sunday night and mother ironed my suit-pants until they shined!

Somehow along the way Americans, have let down their guard. NOT GOOD! What is missing is taking pride in all we do. In the U.S. Army inspections happened as a matter of course. We stood at attention as the "OLD MAN"  passed through. We all passed inspection with flying colors. Today, 3/4 of American homes fail.

We are overwhelmed with inanimate stuff and are losing life's battles. We no longer know how to "pull the bathtub plugs in our lives." We are in deeper trouble than realized. Prosperity has given us too much of the wrong things and now we face the music.

Sincerely,

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
NOT A NEAT-NIK BUT WORKING AT IT
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


 

No comments:

Post a Comment