Sunday, April 15, 2018

BOB POTVIN'S "HAPPY DAYS" BLOG

Happy Days can be here again if only we give ourselves an honest assessment of where we are in life! Confused? Depressed? Miserable? Overweight? Smoking like a chimney? Drugging? Alcoholic?

Last week I attended 4 AA Meetings with John B. O'Sullivan in Holyoke, Springfield, Chicopee and Longmeadow. To say the least, I was truly inspired by these wonderful messages of select members of AA. Human confessions of humility and struggle... men and women of ALL AGES supporting each other with friendship and comrade support. Six year old children with mothers and fathers were in attendance!

There is not any way of learning about alcoholism but by learning of the day-to-day struggles. From absolutely all walks of life.. men and women of all ages speak. I listen intently as I see these people in their best possible demeanors. Long hair, dreadlocks, shaved heads, tattooed heads, nose rings, etc. many bearing smiles of HOPE.

Although never an alcoholic per se, I recall a triple Martini lunch back in Brockton in 1974. I recall driving home inebriated from The Derby Grille in Worcester with my head hanging out of the car window looking for the center of the road! I recall my share of puking and having hangovers as big as the Eiffle Tower. And then I saw the light at age 42!i WAS INSPIRED BY A POLISH FATHER-IN-LAW  a reformed man.

I quit my drinking-ways. Period.  Since then I delight in a brand-new me free of booze. Yes, my Happy Days are not one of DAZE but delight!

If you need help? Get help. AA is an amazing entity .. Worldwide..in helping Alcoholics.

Thanks John B. O'Sullivan for enlightening me in a cause that so many don't have a clue of what it's all about. I Do.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

AN AMERICAN WHO KNOWS THERE'S MUCH MORE TO LIFE THAN ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION!
ALCOHOL IS A DEPRESSANT!

Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585

No comments:

Post a Comment