Sunday, April 15, 2018

LIVING IN MY OWN LITTLE WORLD OF DIGNITY

By changing my living habits I am discovering a new world of Bob Potvin!

I have divorced myself from all worthless media: Little television, little radio, little weather forecasts, little din.. just natural sounds like birds chirping at dawn and astute observations of sound and viewings of my "here and now."

  I do not drink any alcohol( 4/1985), I do not smoke cigarettes (10-7-1968 Cold Turkey.) When Drafted in May of 1966 I weighed 172 lbs. Just now, almost 52 years later I weigh 181.6 lbs!" Not bad, Bob!"

I continually re-organize my life and life-style. I have thrown away reminders of my past such as dozens of greeting cards from birthdays, sympathies, holidays and the like. Meaningless to me now. My wardrobe is satiated with 20 dress shirts, 8 suits and too many of everything. This is changing!

My food supplies are nominal. I eat to live not  live to eat. My self-worth on a scale of 1-10 is 9.5. I know who I am: a good person! I am human.  I am having fun in my own little world!

Too many people in life are much too serious. Their "baggage cars" are chuck full of alibis, excuses, hate, resentment and obesity. Many are without purpose wandering around "looking for love in all the wrong places!" By looking in my soul I see happiness and truths. And yes, I work at it!

Many, many, many lack all forms of SELF-DISCIPLINE! Consequently their self-esteem is riddled with confusing lives and life-styles. Not mine. I try to live in the present moment...such as eating a bowl of popcorn at 3:43 AM as I type my blog.

My one inspiration is my mother Rita Ida Poulin Potvin. I emerged from her womb at this time in the Summer of '42.For almost 3 years I lived in Little Canada at 44 Forest Street North Brookfield, Mass. My humble beginnings were meaningful. Hand carved mobiles of WWII planes flew above my crib as I began my life's journey. The nexus of my early life was LOVE.

Mother would hum to me and quieted my little life in times of colic. My beginnings were as if I were born on Plymouth Rock... and rock she did!

Now almost 76 years later, "I AM." Not confused, but focused, knowing I am becoming what I think about. Selective living, IF YOU MAY, brings me tranquility. As Arte Johnson once said on Laugh-In "TRY IT..YOU'LL LIKE IT!"

Sincerely,

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Deep In Thought
Sunday April 15, 2018
"The Brookfields"

No comments:

Post a Comment