Friday, April 27, 2018

HOME DECORATING AS A LABOR OF LOVE

In a rut? Why not change how you look at your four walls!? More than 6 gallons later, my abode will be ready for your inspection early next week. It is exciting to have a new lease on life especially when digging into your past reveals where you've been in life.

My back room was my catch-all. In the absence of an attic or a basement things were thrown back and forgotten. TODAY I made DISCOVERIES worth reporting! First, I found a college term paper written by me in April of 1963m entitled:GOTHAM IN THE AIR AGE.  I wrote on h










ow the City of New York's airports evolved. My 20, page paper earned me a "C." Better yet my efforts and discovery today gives me an "A".

Next I found all of my meteorological writings of Winter storms dating back to 1957. Mom and Dad always encouraged me to "write things down" and that I did. These will be cherished in review and perhaps an idea for Chase, Lily, Maddie and Evie? Imagine finding such manuscripts 60 years later? Some of my writings on the weather while living at 33 Birch Hill ROAD, WB, tell of winter storms at their finest.

Best yet was the Boston Globe obituary of DON KENT who died at age 92. Mr. Kent and I had chatted on several occasions over the years.. most recently the year before he passed away. Ken's candor was his credibility. People loved his weathercasts with a piece of chalk and blackboard. My Don Kent Instrument has taken on a new shine. New anemometer cups and mast WILL be obtained from CAPE COD WIND AND WEATHER Indicators. Recently my college friend PAUL V> POWER related 'You would have been a good meteorologist, Bob!" Never too late, you know! LOL.

ERIK - THE RED-WHITE-AND BLUE Painter wrapped things up today for the most part. As Ralph Cramden said on the Honeymooners How Sweet It Is." My blue wall in the office is a pale "Hen-shit Green." I haven't decided how things will be portrayed on all rooms: Office, Bedroom, Blogging room, Kitchen, Bathroom and Backroom? The Breezeway and entryway is now firnished. Classy..indeed with a white wicker bench and new cushions. The color contrasts are good.. thanks to the "Painter." A+++.

I improvised with a massive leak of cold air on the porch floor. ERIK-The-Carpenter nailed it nicely. I improvised with a door casing strip found in my back room. Now I must get a calking gun to seal it once and for all.

Today's cold weather didn't bother me one bit. right now it is 51 degrees. It's "the satisfaction for a job well done"  that poises me for CINQUO DE MAEO. SP?

It was Macaroni & Cheese for supper. Now it's a hot-tub for desert!

How was your Friday? Exciting like mine?

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
YOUR MAN ABOUT TOWN
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment