Thursday, April 19, 2018

THE INSPIRATIONAL HENRY FORD

Henry Ford hated rich people and he hated Jews. His life's Story equals that of Thomas Edison. Ford was human and lived to age 83. He was visionary, humble, creative, courageous and had a son names EDSEL.

Edsel was just the opposite of Dad. The younger Ford smoozed with the rich, married into money, and died young.

Henry Ford possessed qualities in his younger life that catapulted him into automotive racing fame. Also, Ford's "5.00 Day" added a certain dignity to his  automotive workers. With Immigration big in 1910, Ford provided not only work for his employees, but insisted they learn the English Language, live a life of decency and produce in his shops as Americans!.

On the local front, I recall Old Mr. Navin with his Model-A Ford. "Alleluia Acres." The North Brookfield Parcel Post delivery ,too, was a Model "A" and Clayton McGill on Elm street bought the "A"t when the green 1953 Dodge Panel truck was received.

The Late Joe McEvoy sported in his 1924 Model "T" for decades. Joe and I paraded in the 1960 Quaboag Parade.. Tri-Centennial. I wore my Black Derby hat and "Tails" loaned to my by Jake and Isabella McCarthy!

I have not been too keen on FORDS as cars. I did buy a "Cherry" down in Duxbury in 1973 from a widow who knew FRANK COOKE from Wabash College days.! My yellow  Ford Falcon Futura Wagon served my young family well.  I even gave it to Sister Jan, then reclaimed it back, years later.

Today, FORDS have much competition. Honda and Toyota score the highest grades in my humble opinion.

So, "Henry," I say "Thank You." Who would ever believe the color of vehicles, today, "BLACK" is as it was 100 years ago?! Of all the Fords manufactured I like the 1931  Model "A"Victoria Coupe the best!

"SEE THE USA FROM MY WHITE 2004 CHEVROLET CAVALIER!"

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
"A MAN OF MANY CARS" and hats.


HENRY FORD, HIMSELF

Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585

No comments:

Post a Comment