Thursday, April 26, 2018

THE DAFFODILS OF SPRING

Isn't it nice? The yellow flowers of late April reverberate in my soul! Spring is here and I embrace it to the fullest by doing what I'm supposed to do: Throwing myself into the season! FROM WASHING DIRTY LAUNDRY IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING ..TO RAKING PINE NEEDLES WITH MY NEW ACE RAKE MADE IN MEXICO..IN THE AFTERNOON.. Thursday was the best!

I shot into the VA in Worcester for some drugs then returned by the back roads. This is my tonic to absorb Mother Nature in its glory. The next two weeks will be wonderful... and I plan on planting seeds.. fertilizing my weed-infested lawn and getting on with things. Let's go!

KLEMS in Spencer is an incredible enterprise! This store is unique satisfying the needs of "just plain folks." No pretentions about the store across from Sally's Boutique. On Saturday there will be an auction of farm equipment. I previewed it today. I am glad I am over the hill!

After raking pine needles I "broke in my new beach chair" by having a nap in the sunshine. I like VITAMIN D from the sky. It is the sign of health. After being cooped-in all winter some folks are as "white as ghosts." I recall the Vietnamese shading their faces from the hot Tropical su with their conical straw hats. I guess my European hue allows me to tan nicely.

No ERIK The Red-White & Blue today. Tomorrow, for sure. We should wrap things up tomorrow in Phase 1. The expansive blue wall will become tan. It is exhilarating to have a fresh coat of paint. It is my MENTAL SHAMPOO!

My Jet-Setting son and wife are in Florida.

Forecast looks good for now until the first killing frost. LOL.

I prepared an amazing supper just now: Garlic mashed potatoes, CHUCK-EYE STEAK, broccoli, fresh tomatoes, olives, strawberries and a dash of 'Mrs. Salt." Total cost..about $3.77... and yes, a glass of 1% milk. No desert.

An early tubby will relax my masculine physique.

More bills paid and squared away. Badly bent.. but not busted!

My white "mop" continues to grow. I look like DOC WIGHT!

"Open Wide!!.' Still no lower dentures!  No problem!

ROBERT LOUIS

 
 

 THEN

 
NOT NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment