Monday, April 16, 2018

I AM A PATRIOT, INDEED!

"One if by land...two if by sea..I on the opposite shore will be.."

Patriots Day IN in New England has a profound meaning to yours truly! From being a postage stamp collector in my youth to being betrothed to wed, Patriots Day has great connotations.

La Fenway saw many games with sons Ben and Josh and Gram in the Eighties. Patriots Day is a rite of Spring. Some Holidays were nice, weatherwise, others, like today, snowy and 30 degrees cold!

Last year HEIDI POTVIN, my moral compass and daughter-in-law ran the Boston Marathon! Heidi and josh gives POPS a profound raison d'etre. Grandkids are hy hope for a meaningful tomorrow. Thanks, Ben and Josh and nurse wives Heidi and Allison!

America seems to be all about celebrating holidays. Many are on Mondays giving us long weekends. For some we are a Nation on the move.. for others, homeless struggling for a life of decency and respect. Folks will gamble today and others will endure a cold game at 11:00 AM at Fenway.I did for years. No more! My 75 inch Sony TV suffices nicely.. popcorn and all!

If only my grandchildren develop a sense of American History WILL I BE HAPPY. We must foster our sacred traditions otherwise we will be a Country with no name!

America is mighty and is now in flux. I espouse mental shampoos for all. Attitudes will determine our futures, collectively! Happy Patriots Day all of you patriots!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
PATRIOT
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585





























No comments:

Post a Comment