Tuesday, April 17, 2018

MY HELIOCENTRIC SUNRISE

My purview of this morning is quite revealing! Having rested quite well, I heard the birds chirping in my waking moments of this Ruby Tuesday. All is well.. I thought.( While in Australia in 1990 SonJosh alerted me to chirping birds at dawn!)

Our worlds are all we have. Positive or negative,, that's all we have. At 41 degrees and .50 inches of rain overnight .. the tinge of green grass is revealing. Spring is here. The "battle of the seasons" is real as is every year with tornadoes, snow-storms, and warming rays from Ole Sol.

Heliocentric means revolving around the sun which is 93 million away. To think the diurnal voyage across the skies is a miracle in itself. From the beginning of time..the sun prevails. Nature is responding now with swollen buds awaiting blooming in about 3 weeks. "Can't wait!"

Last night was a "Beethoven Night with Bob". The Chicago Symphony played Beethoven's 9th where all the bases were loaded." For more than an hour my front row seat in front of my 75" Sony Smart TV proved to be just  wonderful. I poured over a collection of family photographs as I relaxed.

I discovered a cache of 1930's snaps of "Joe & Rita".. so much in love Married April 18, 1936). Happy moments of a bygone era. A 1933 black  Chevrolet Eagle sedan  with dual fender wells and a1936 Merry Oldsmobile sedan were in vogue back then and yes, black!. The Potvin /Poulin legacy is truly revealing and formidable.

Wedding pictures of Uncle Franny and Aunt Kay Poulin taken in 1955 are telling. All of my aunts and uncles were ebullient. Also, wedding snaps of John and Blanche Borelli's 1954 wedding  were ,too, telling. I was a photographer back then at ages 12 & 13!

My retrospective review of family affirms my appreciation of "the way we were." Photographs are the quintessential testimony of life. " A mirror with a memory!"

 This precious present moment beckons all to stop playing ostrich and getting on with life and living. G>O>Y>A>. Get out your antiques and more direct: Get off your asses!"

I JUST LOVE SPRINGTIME and you should too!

Sincerely,

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A MAN OF SPRINGTIME
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585

No comments:

Post a Comment