Wednesday, June 15, 2016

THE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR!

This has been the best day of the year and I took full advantage of traveling to Dalton, MA high in the Berkshires. I stopped as Friendly Fred's In Windsor and got gas. Two very friendly ladies made my





stop a happy moment.

Crane & Co makes the paper for our currency and maybe 65 countries around the world. It was a delight to take in history. As I have been an enthusiast of money for decades, having a refresher by two long time employees made visiting Crane special. Ir is interesting to learn of the nuances of paper making. The museum opened at 1:00 PM giving me a chance to first visit the Dalton public library.

I liked learning about the crispness features  of new currency. By doing my homework last night I learned more. Money has always been my favorite form of paper.

The trip was about 73 miles each way. I employed my GPS and am getting better at it. It is amazing.. gives me shortcuts and allows me to smell the roses along the way. I thought observing the farmers bailing hay was a treat only to find Josh & Heidi's fields were being bailed.

The day was sky-blue, the breeze gentle and a day to remember. When I arrived in West Brookfield my nre book about the use of Low-IQ Troops in the Vietnam War was waiting me. The headline also mentions the Induction of Unfit Men, Criminals, and Misfits. I did see my new friend Judy at the Post Office as I headed west.

The weeks looks great as we head towards Fathers' Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment