Friday, June 17, 2016

MC NAMARA'S FOLLY REDUX

Robert Strange McNamara, S
 

 


Add caption 345th Medical Dispensary Vung Tau, Vietnam



 










ecretary of Defense under LBJ was strange, indeed. The sob looked down at us poor conscripts of the Vietnam era. We deserved better. to this day Vietnam haunts many of us.The Military-Industrial -Complex you say. Well, now you can own a recent publication of Professor Hamilton that will curl your hair.

It has taken a lifetime to reveal the truth about the way some draftees were treated. Reading this new book reveals the truth. It is sad, sad, sad and compelling reading by all old soldiers. The anecdotes cited evoke memories when I got drafted at age 23. Fortunately I had an inkling I must do my best in the battery of Intelligence Tests and I did.

I have written another chapter on ONE LUCKY SOLDIER on Australia in addition to the two others. I have mailed the three to Ashville, NC to Hamilton Gregory! See what I get for a grade from the professor?

Big weekend coming up. The girls and boy of Birch Hill will be on stage. Good Luck, kids. Son Josh had a great business trip to Des Moines. Big Flea Market tomorrow on the West Brookfield Common. Such a deal on fleas...then to Hardwick then to Auburn.

Fair weather prevails!

No comments:

Post a Comment