Saturday, June 25, 2016

DODGE POWER WAGON

I have been involved with no less than three Dodge Power Wagons in my life. First, In the U.S. Army in Vietnam I "borrowed" a truck from the motor pool, second, as a National Park Ranger in the summer of 1964 patrolling the dunes of Provincetown and North Truro and in 1987 with son Josh down at Doc Bills.

Today a Power Wagon owned by Tom Selig was auctioned off for a
mere $110,000. What, are you crazy? One could get 3 new BMWs for that bid. Insane.Fire departments, in particular, like these machines as they "climb every mountain."

I don't know what I would buy if I had money. Maybe a motor scooter. At any rate, Barrett-Jackson is at Mohegan Sun today with my student Steve Magnante leading the pack of intelligent auto announcers.

The wild world of car lovers and trucks  continues. Start your engines, guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment