Thursday, August 4, 2016

A HECTIC TRIP TO BOSTON

I conserve my energies when I  travel to Beantown. Early to bed and after the commuter traffic is at bay, I head for the Back Bay. I refuse to be intimidated cy circumstances. Ass I tell my friends "I drive as if I were a Uber hacker and roll with the punches. My spit stop is on the Mass Pike in Natick, then I travel, pay my toll and fasten my seat belt. Driving in Boston traffic isn't for sissies. I don't get sweaty palms.

One bottleneck is at the Cambridge exit. The homeless men have cans and I always donate a dollar. A beautiful black Volvo hardtop convertible went by me and I yelled "Nice car mister! How much?" "Fifty Grand" and he yelled back and it is a convertible, too!"

Mass General is down Storrow Drive and is a piece of cake to experience. The Parking Garage is a paltry ten dollars. Then I refilled my Omeprazole for the last time. The receptionist is from Scituate and gave me First Class attention in getting me on a "chair" to the 9th Floor. Would  you believe hails from ST. LOUIS?! It's a small world. Carlota and I made friends immediately as St. Louis, MO, is where went from being a boy to being a young man. I savor my memories of my college days ( and nights) in Mid-Town Saint Louis. Thanks for the lift Carlota!

Then it was to my friend  SANAE, receptionist for Dr. G. I try to make friends wherever I travel. Mass General is no exception. Earlier I had a slice of Eat Street mushroom pizza adna Coke. Curiosity killed the cat when I observed Lindsey maneuvering two SmartPhones with her sandwich. Lindsey is a friendly  Transitional Care Nurse from Norwell. I know where that is!www.nvna.org. Sitting next to Lindsey was an 88 year old lady and mother of 9. Nothing more for me to say! I love it.

Everybody has a story as did this man in line at the MGH Pharmacy who hails from Trinidad! OMG.. I've been everywhere...and People like my pink trousers. I like panache in my clothing and appearance. Also the Librarian Computer lady printed a Wikipedia thing on TravelAdvisor. Thanks.

And so it went.. 130+ miles. Absolutely no one has ever heard of West Brookfield, Worcester County, near Sturbridge  LOL.

Despite my pain in my knee and other skeletal locations "

'I Feel good."

Get ready for the Olympics.


















No comments:

Post a Comment