Tuesday, July 28, 2020

POPS GOES FOR A SWIM IN THE POOL

Blood glucose 106

Another hot day indeed. My trip to Hannaford NB was early and I remained home all day until 5:00 pm. Josh called earlier saying 'you're going in the pool' with certainty in his voice. It was hot enough to get me thinking in a new direction!

When I arrived a fire was burning in the pit. There was a breeze of sorts yet the heat was enough for me to strip down and head for the pool. Granddaughters Evie and Maddie were having fun diving off of the diving board. When they saw Pops head for the water they laughed with approval!

My steps were certain as Josh gave me a tube for safety. Step by step I walked towards deeper water. I felt confident as I floated towards the middle of the pool. Everybody laughed.  The girls splashed all around me. I cooled off and enjoyed getting wet!

The breeze got stronger as Josh made some popcorn. Everybody was happy. When I asked Evie "how old am I going to be tomorrow she replied "Ninety!?" We all laughed.

This one event proved 'You are never too old to take a dip in the pool!'
I was refreshed! Tomorrow we will celebrate "78" by eating out! Thanks, family!


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment