Friday, July 10, 2020

A TROPICAL MUGGY FRIDAY IN JULY

It seems the wonderful weather pattern of June is a forgotten memory. For days on end we enjoyed low humidity and fluffy fair weather clouds to be replaced with low clouds and high humidity. This was the pattern today. Now we are faced with a Tropical depression!

The mood of the day was satisfied by shopping at Hannaford's, getting my dry cleaning in Spencer and settling down to watching MECUM Auto Auctions. Josh called at mid-afternoon inviting me over at 5:00. He didn't mention a pit-fire and surprised me when I arrived.

A fire sets the tone. It was warm yet the East wind made it comfortable. Little Evie (Fire bug) played with pieces of firewood and friends arrived. Jay, Ben, Brian came to play the Block Rock. This further set the tone of levity as the songs blared over the Bose speakers.

This is a heartening event as the "Boys of Summer" antied up their wagers and even children played for dollars. I observed all festivities with approval. Everybody wins in this healthy social occasion. My visit was for an hour and a half.... then I came home for an update of news and a bowl of Honeynut Cheerios!

Rains held off enough to call it a good Friday!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment