Thursday, July 30, 2020

A MORE QUIET THURSDAY

This Thursday began brighter but the day became cloudy by noon. I picked up my mail after 11:00 and received an Exxon gift card from Ben, Allison and Savvy for my 78th birthday! Thanks.

Much of mid-day was spent watching the funeral of John Robert Lewis from Atlanta. I tuned it in as former president Bill Clinton was speaking. Later on former president  Barach Obama delivered an eloquent speech recounting his years of being friends with the former congressman. Obama is such a change from what we have in the White House now!

Later in the afternoon SonJosh called asking if I wanted to ride shotgun as Chase and Maddie had sports practice at Quaboag. I said "yes." We had fun reviewing celebrity wealth and song titles. I didn't watch much evening news with Lester Holt when I returned..

Baseball caught a little interest as did Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!.

Tomorrow, Friday, will be good. I must redeem all of my change at Hannaford as there is a national shortage!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
 
I miss my Allante'.


No comments:

Post a Comment