Sunday, July 19, 2020

MY "JOHNSON" SUNDAY

This July Sunday began in a usual manner....eat, shave, get the newspaper then watch Jane Pauley. Then I heard a door slam and Dick Johnson came in with a smile. "Want to head for the Quabbin" he asked. I concurred saying I had some money to defray gas costs.

Although it was very warm the skies were blue with few clouds. I was game. It had been months since we "headed west." First we headed up Coy Hill, WB to Lucy Stone's foundation. .. then to the Quabbin Reservoir. We chatted about old times and enjoyed the beauty of both the vast waters and forests. I then said "let's go to Northampton!"

We enjoyed traveling through Belchertown, Amherst & Hadley. The Salvation Army Store was closed. We crossed the Connecticut River and the Calvin Coolidge Memorial Bridge and drove by the small statue of "Silent Cal" I keep my affection alive of the president as he is my favorite.

"Mr. GPS" wheeled his GMC truck over the many roads including Mt. Tom. Dick is familiar with every road and it's story as he worked at radio stations in the area in years past.

On the way home we ate at Janines in Ware.

The remainder of the afternoon included my watching  NASCAR from Texas.

SonBen called from the road in Maryland as he and family are on vacation.

Monday coming up with usual duties of laundry and food shopping. Yes, it was hot 94 degrees and a good Sunday!


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
 
RICHARD B. JOHNSON
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment