Monday, March 13, 2017

REMEMBERING BOSTON WEATHERMAN, DON KENT

Don Kent lived to the ripe old age of 92. Mr. Kent really inspired me with his enthusiasm. Announcer Jack Chase used to give Kent the business. Kent hand no one to apologize to.


Kent's fame spread as television became a household word. He had a couple of under studies, Bob Copeland and Norm Mc Donald, but Kent reigned supreme. Weatherman John Quill of Springfield never made Don Kent's height as a broadcast meteorologist.


Don Kent was accessible. At age 18 I wrote him regarding me possibly selling instruments. "NO GO!" Don wrote back saying even with his fame and attempts at Brecks, weather was a hard sell ( Like Vanity Plates. LOL)


I learned the hard way in 1991 trying to sell instruments I sold 2..  one to Mother, and one to Ronnie Bigda of TVA Electronics. If you are


rich and have property down the Cape, an anemometer may be status. If you have a boat.. there you are.


I kept in touch with Don Kent to the very end. I think I was his biggest weather fan!


Today, "weather" is BIG BUSINESS. So be it. All I know is weatherman Don Kent "Lit up my life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment