Friday, March 17, 2017

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! 2017

Isn't it a great day for the Irish around the world?!


While my roots are French Canadian American, the Irish Americans have influenced my life considerably. First, many of the Sisters of Saint Joseph were Irish-American. I liked them for the most part.


My biggest influence in having an Irish professor came at Saint Louis U. William Barnaby Faherty S.J. liked me and I him. Then in the U.S. Army came one John B. O'Sullivan direct from County Kerry. "Sully" and I were bosom buddies at Fort Knox. We both served in the Vietnam war mess.


Unlike other nationalities, the Irish never had a "language barrier. They truly have the 'gift to gab.".. so do I. LOL


Saint Patrick Days, weatherwise have run the gamut from a blizzard in 1956 to more modest portrayals in the 90's after The Storm of the Century in 1993. I recall having an auction on March 17th. Nice.


Now we have a Seton Hall game on TNT at 1:30PM. My grandson will be my guest! Let's hope they win.

No comments:

Post a Comment