Sunday, March 26, 2017

IT'S ONLY MONEY!

I awoke to a clear blue sky and headed my Honda Accord southeast to Willimantic, CT. Bedecked in my Flagadilic trousers I thought "finally, we are going to have a sunny Sunday! WRONG! My sliver of sunshine turned into the final verse of March 2017... more dismal dissatisfaction of dullness. So what?!


My 44 mile trip was fun. I listened to Casey Kasem in solitude. My destination brought me to an obscure neighborhood in the Thread City where the brass frogs lie sentinel on the Willimantic River.


I swear every coin collector in New England was in attendance. Great. The vibrancy of the moment in money enthused me. I truly was in my own element and to think I would stumble upon two gentlemen bearing my last name - POTVIN was a thrill! Parlez-vous Francais? I was given more insight into my name... namely there are streets in Moosup, CT bearing our last name! I shall



















relate my message to Ben, Josh and wives and grandkids!


I was geared to make a buck so I would fund my sojourn across the woods. I hit paydirt right away with the sale of  Hindenburgh Veedol Motor oil Post Card - $20. I invested my earnings into the raffle but to no avail. So what. Remember, It's only money! LOL.


My flag outfit brings out the best in Americans and yes, a few wise-guys and a lady who called the gig "A pisser." She had a big smile on her face filled with gold dental crowns and gray/white hair. I can take it. Any person who has the guts to be hip should be ready for the aftermath! LOL.


My Chuck Berry LP album sold to a man who likes the song 'MY DING-A-LING!' Also, my Space Shuttle framed photo bit the dust. The buyer said 'I'll hang it in my office!"


A new friendship was spawned with "Tony" from Oxford, MA. He asked me if I could sell his 1988 Jaguar for him?! We were not short of words for one hour. I asked him "What Is Your Exit Plan!" I say everybody age 70 or older needs to "lighten their loads."


This one dealer was "gagging" on Greenbacks!" Two $500 bills rang my chimes! A smaller load of "odds and ends" philatelic stuff brought $12 from this man with COPD and a place in Hawaii!


Every step of the way both to and from Willimantic filled my need for some psychic income. Who really needs money!


Your "Auction-Ear" Tomorrow to Worcester.


And, oh yes, I bought 3 rolls of new Pennies for $2 each for the grandkids. Such a deal. So what did you do today? Next Saturday is April Fool's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment