Monday, March 13, 2017

BLIZZARD ACCOUTREMENTS

Accoutrement is defined as a necessary item of clothing or equipment.


As my fires of excitement grow, I am in retreat from the DIN. I know it's going to snow, the Est winds will howl and there will not be any school. The more we know about meteorology the more fun it can be!


Just met a restauranteur at Dollar General in Brookfield. He had driven up from Stafford Springs, CT where Ric's Restaurant can be found. This is good to meet hard working folks trying to make a buck. As far as Dollar General goes it looked they were having a fire sale by the number of vehicles parked around the building.


To the point of this blog, simply stated, we must respond to Mother Nature not knowing what is going to happen. Abraham Maslow' Hierarchy of Needs comes to mind. First our "comfort factor" must be met. Wool or cotton clothing worn in layers works. The Olden Days must have been horrendous. The amazing thing is lives were so simplistic.


I think of the precursors to Central Heat: bituminize coals along with anthracite varieties. Rumford fireplaces just one room "hot" while the pis pots froze! Dad told me this. But we knew no differently. I think of Hot Air furnaces in the early 20th Century. If you are really interest in domicile histories google 'Blizzards in New England.


My tablet is charged so now I will glissade over to YouTube for my entertainment. 'ENJOY THE BLIZZARD!'..LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment