Friday, March 31, 2017

DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO RESTORE AN ANTIQUE HOUSE?

First, it takes a vision. You must know your architectural history. 18th Century colonial, Victorian Greek Revival to name a couple. So much inspiration and perspiration is needed. TIME will allow you to follow your dreams. The Historic Salem Cross Inn is a great example of American Historical Architecture. Check it out.. pay attention to the details. I have.


I have bought derelict homes and have transformed into wonderful residences. So has SonJosh. Every aspect of restoration takes time. I lived in the yellow Curtains house for 2 years with an amazing leaking slate roof. Our kitchen was without a sink for as long. I lowered the kitchen ceiling 18 inches by using my brain and framing  the ceiling in style. It blew Langevin away!


I have wall boarded ceilings, walls, taped joints and sanded same. I never heard the term Flip back then. Past Rusiecki sanded all of my flooring both in new s well as antique houses. It's fun!


Save your money, exploit the housing markets and you too can achieve what I have since 1969. Now I'm and old man enjoying sharing my thoughts withinterested partied. A MAN'S HOME IS HIS CASTLE AND FORTRESS! Do it!

N. Brookfield

W. Brookfield



NB> Train Depot

No comments:

Post a Comment