Saturday, March 25, 2017

ARE YOU OR YOUR SPOUSE A CURMUDGEON?

Face it, if we grow old, we have options! A miser? A crusty, ill tempered, usually old man? Or do we look at life as maybe we should?


Are you "looking for love in all the wrong places?" I'm not going to preach but I am going to challenge my readers to rise above all of the injustices in life.


JFK once said "Life isn't fair." Why are there homeless on the streets of Boston? I really feel bad for these people, mostly men. Not curmudgeons under age 60. One man touched my heart today in Webster Square, Worcester. This indigent was threadbare. I honked my shiny Honda's horn once.. I honked it twice and on the third toot I got his attention! I waved a Five Dollar bill s he ambulated towards my car.


I slid my passenger side window and handed him five bucks! "I FEEL FOR YOU!" How awful must it be in such dire straits. This one experience really made my day. Despite the crummy-nes of March weather I feel I made this wayward man feel somebody cared.


Too many Americans just don't give a hoot. Then I went to the Mall and confirmed my convictions. End of my Saturday sadness. "The poor, the despondent" are the words of LBJ! Too bad.


P.S. As an aside, in 1999 I spent 9 days back in Vietnam. I saw first handed the reality of abject plight. We just can't conceptualized what it's like to be really poor. The media never fully disclosed the plight of the Vietnamese. Long stiry short my cyclo driver wanted to 'borrow $50 for a new bike!' You conclude what I did!










ANH

No comments:

Post a Comment