Sunday, April 10, 2016

TRUMP, THE BUSTER OF TRADITIONS

Isn't it wonderful to have a man with real "stones." Donald Trump just doesn't care  what he says  to "anybody, anywhere, at any time" to quote President Calvin Coolidge when he spoke out about the Boston PoliceSstrike a very long time ago. I like Donald Trump's outspoken and insulting ways. You fight fire with fire they say. This presidential colloquy is better than some politicians who lie with a straight face.

The social media of 2016 and Trump's attraction to Twitter gives him leverage.... all kinds of leverage. If we did a study of Congress on those who are computer literate we may be surprised. Some folks still read newspapers! I don't except for my daily dose of The New York Times at $2.50 a pop. Today's Sunday New York Times rang up a $6.00 bill. So what, I don't smoke!@

Trump doesn't wear cowboy boots nor does he wear makeup. His flamboyance seems to be revered across the line. He's got the bucks.. he can do as he's well pleased. The "Gotham Juggernaut" is living a life no other politician can live.. past, present or future.

President Harry Truman's story appears in today's Times. "For Truman, the Buck Stopped at a failed Business." A great story worth your time reading. I came this close to seeing the President in Independence as I was on my way to Colorado Springs, CO the week after Kennedy was assassinated. I have been to the Truman Library twice in 1981 and 1988.

For whatever the situation at hand in New York, it will be a fantastic Primary on April 19th. You can be sure the candidates will be sucking on  cough drops with the hopes of not losing both their voices and the race. My persuasion all candidates will be excitable ... and maybe even a little honest. As my Wyoming teacher David Broder once said "We like a good fight."

"Give'm Hell,


 
 

Trump!"

Red Sox home opener tomorrow. Wear your snuggies, girls! Boys, bring your flask!




 
Feel the Burn!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment