Wednesday, April 6, 2016

AMERICAN CLOCK & WATCH MUSEUM Visited.. Bristol,CT

What can I say? It's ridiculously cold for April 6th... 33 degrees  I opted to shoot down to Bristol. CT (75 miles away) and found the warmth of my love, a museum of clocks and watches. I employed my trusty gps to be spot on. The last time I attempted entry was with Johnson "out of season".. not the museum is "Open".

This museum is touted to be "the finest collection of American-made clocks and watches." I agree. This museum is the best and I am required to stay abreast of the horological wonders of our universe.  This vast collection of American-made clocks and pocket watches is staggering.

The evolution of American timepieces spurred the American Industrial Revolution in part. Ole Eli Terry was the "lead pony" and the New England states housed many, many, many clock and watch makers. Of preeminence in clock making were The Willards of Grafton, MA.

This museum is hip because of more recent time pieces. I found a couple of interesting clocks..an "X-RAY" alarm clocks with glow in the dark hands and numerals. A gross figural entitled "EUREKA" won my top choice of shelf clocks. This beauty is an Ansonia made in Connecticut, of course! Check out the website

I spoke with Patty the curator who helped me researching Captain John Potter's Tall Clocks from Olde Brookfield, MA. Also, I once owned a Reuben Andrews clock I once owned. I bought it for $1,000 from a lady in Oakham, MA. Over the decades I've handled hundreds of clocks and watches. Check out their site "www.clockandwatchmuseum.org"860-583-6070..

In political matters Donald Trump is back on home turf of New York. Trump is tenacious and pertinacious and is resolute. To Mike .. Hey Mike. it's only the first inning. I like Trump's exploiting of the truth. Harry Truman is quoted as saying "The Truth Never Fell Dead In The Street."

I am glad to see Trump has rebounded so quickly! Obnoxiously candid. "It's going to happen." Of course the 'Trump Construction Company' may have some business "South of the Border!" LOL.

An amazing crowd of 20,000 supporters and a few hundred demonstrators. I LOVE NEW YORK and the spirit of its people. "Forward ever.. backward never!"

Does anybody know what time it is? LOL






No comments:

Post a Comment