Thursday, April 28, 2016

THE EYES HAVE IT!

Today was Worcester health for Old Bob the Blogger. I sing the praises of the Veterans' Administration - Worcester and the Edward   M. Kennedy Health Center on Tacoma Street. My little Chiquita Iliana L. has gone on to bigger and better things at U Mass Medical. Today, I lined up with the dental folks to line my dentures. On May 10th. No comment as I'm indentured by my dentures.

Then onto the VA on Lincoln Street. These medical facilities remind me of my year working at the 345th Medial
 
 
 
 
Detachment in Vietnam. Almost 50 years have passed since I worked as an x-ray technician . This experience is lifelong as it gives me two legs up in anatomy & physiology. No pun intended.. and no pun in ten did..LOL.

My arthritic knee was examined by a friendly and nice nurse just returning from Mexico.. how lucky. My West Brookfield  "tan"will have to do. I did see Dr. Goldstein, formerly of West Brookfield, chatting in the hallway. Also,I had a first-class review of what x-rays are today. Seems to be the same.. PA & Lateral and Sunrise of my patella.

The real treat came from an eye doctor named Abbey. We became friends immediately and her comprehensive eye exam earned Dr. Abbey an A+!  I let Dr. Landry know of my appreciation and approval. The two ladies spent an hour reviewing my visual acuities. 20/20 corrected. Now comes the fun part:

I had a choice of frames and I said "I want something sophisticated" to technician, "Donna Diana." My new frames will be a staid black. Two pairs awesome. The new me, indeed!

Conversations with "Donna Diana" were provocative. First she asked me to do an auctioneer chant. I declined deferring to The Auctioneer Song and Leroy Van Dyke.  This song came out in 1956 inspiring boys across the land to "be an auctioneer." I was 14 at the time and became a successful auctioneer in Worcester County.

Next came the question "Would you vote for Jacqueline Kennedy if she were running for President!?" Such a question. I have been a Jackie Kennedy fan since day one. I would vote for Jackie for QUEEN! No body realize of her inherent beauty & charm and tolerance.

By the way, Donna cited my wide purview of eyes. This is where I piped in saying 'Jackie Kennedy too had wide eyes.' The poor lady only live to 64. She charmed the world, indeed.

Thanks Worcester health care units. You've taken away my pain. If you're reading the Blog why not tell your friends? Http://Poodle999BlogSpot.com!


 
"Mrs. Onassis was thrilled to received these covers"









 
Camp David 1961

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment