Monday, April 4, 2016

THE FREAK FREAKIN SNOWSTORM OF APRIL 2016

This April snowstorm is truly charade. Trust me. Clearly the Fat Lady Hasn't Sung! Winter in Spring pervades out green spirit. But I have seen the promise land in Carolina. In New England our spring spirit has been thwarted by Old Man Winter. But why? A No School Day in April.. unheard of.

I am a lucky cat. Landing at Logan at 10:30 AM saw me glissade through the parking garage and Ted Williams Tunnel onto the Mass Pike heading West.






Expensive, yes.. expedient, yes. It would be an abject horror show if I had landed 6 hours later. By the time I got to Sturbridge I thrilled at the fact I have 4 new tires on my Grand AM Pontiac. Even then my traction demanded I drive 20 mph. Heaven forbid.

I chose to Park at Logan and boy, I am glad I did.

Springtime in Carolina is beautiful; springtime in Central Massachusetts is being ugly. The real punishment is having frigid temperatures. And we are in for a week of winter. It just isn't fair.. so it seems. The only option is hunkering down, enjoying some college sports and burying my head in my dirty laundry.

Snowbirds not Robin Red Breasts....



No comments:

Post a Comment