Tuesday, August 10, 2021

A TUESDAY CAMPFIRE IN AUGUST

It was a gloomy day. I laid low researching thw American Antiquarian Society. It has been some years since the AAS was part of my routine. I made friends and enjoyed researching the Brookfields.. then bam.. Covid.I intend to contact my friend Elizabeth Pope and renew my membership. Had lunch at the Senior Center in NB.. beans and franks and salad. Nancy D. and Judy C joined me. The day opened up with the sound of a riding mower. Josh mowed the lawn and invited me to Birch Hill for a campfire. Despite the gloom it was fun. Evie and Maddie gave me some souvenirs from Hawaii!They were gone for 12 days between San Francisco and Waikiki and other places such as Oahu. I was presented with a "license plate" silk necktie, a plate bearing "ROBERT" for my Allante and an orange baseball featuring all of the Hawaiian attractions. I was touched by the thoughtfulness of the girls. I planned to having a cheeseburger at Howard's but the mist told me to get home! ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment