Sunday, August 1, 2021

A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER

Cloudiness has settled in and the mood has changed. I enjoyed the two evenings where the temperature dipped to 50 degrees at dawn. Now there doesn't seem to be any cool air masses in the near future. Darn! My windows are now closed and the air conditioner is on. I'm disheartened with the Red Sox! Tampa Bay has a pitcher with strike outs heading for a record. The best thing is to lick your wounds and get out of town! I did my laundry in North Brookfield this Sunday morning. The laundromat is on Summer Street. I enjoyed reminiscing on the buildings and stores of the 50s. The post office was where the hair salon was. I was a boy who enjoyed visiting George Murphy and Lenny Lemieux each night!There was a show repair shop where Fred Dintini of Southbridge came.I ecall buying my first pair of dress shows from Fred. Leo Ledoux had a dry cleaning facility and Jesse Quinn a barber shop in the same building. I.E. Irish Insurance also was in the building. Time waits for no man and it was fun looking back! NBHS cLASS OF 1960 Reunion friday at 308 Lakeside, EB Friday 12-4. I plan on attending. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment