Monday, March 4, 2019

WINTER WONDERLAND, AGAIN!

It was a storm of convenience. Like Camelot, it snowed all night and ended at 6 o' clock on the dot. From
O'Kane Hall post card..Holy CrossCollege
 the looks of things we received upwards of a foot.. subject to confirmation. Ronnie Marchessault and SonJosh cleared me out in style. My two car garage allows me to never have a "snow car."

My night's rest was sporadic and painful and itchy. The resolve proved to be in "pill popping " and a heating pad beneath my recumbent torso. Now at 7:50 AM it is none the worse and none the better!

THE BUSH YEARS

How many watched The Bush Years on CNN last night? Like the Rich Kennedys their lives were dedicated to public service. I liked GHWB 41 not GWB 43. Being credentialed to travel around with 41 in January of 1992 I got a perspective to the presidency few would experience. I even got to ask 41 "what do you think of the computer, Mr. President?"

I've traveled to Kennybunkport, ME and even spoke with his press secretary! 41 admitted he was privileged. So what.. he served his Country  much of his life.

As discovered in reading a biography of GHWB I read "Bush liked receiving mail." Noted political cartoonish, DAVE GRANLUND received a letter from the president commenting on a cartoon sent him. From his lead, I too enjoyed receiving mail from GHWB! I found his self-typed letters to be revealing:
  • A letter confirming he played ay Fitton Field, Worcester, and "enjoyed every minute of it!"
  • A letter acknowledging a book about his grandfather, Walker, which I found at Rietta Ranch
  • Acknowledgement of my not saying "his house on Walker's point was one of the best on the east coast.
  • Comments about his parachuting from an airplane.
  • Autographed pictures I took while touring with him in NH.
Yes, I admit to selling the  autographs  to Alexander's Autographs in CT. The owner called me a "miner of autographs" as I sold all of them over two years as a dealer! My grand slam came with a feature cover story about GHWB on Scotts Stamp Monthly!

There was something magnetic about Bush's proper personality. A true Yankee. through and through, my warm memories of the man allows me to write from my heart!

I also appreciated seeing his brother last night sporting a bowtie. straight laced for sure.

Thank you CNN!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment