Sunday, March 17, 2019

NIXON IN THE AM!


 
"I'm no crook!"
 
I was at the 1968 World Series in St. Louis when I came upon Julie Nixon and David Eisenhower! I obtained their autographs on the souvenir program and asked Julie 'Where is your father today?" 'I really don't know" was Julie's response! Nine years earlier I saw Vice President Nixon at the Eastern States Exposition with my dad! Little did I know of the fate of RMN.
 
Last night's program on CNN was about Tricky Dick. It was the most historical documentary of Mr. Nixon's life.  Frankly, I never really liked Nixon. He lacked what Kennedy had: warmth, charm, intelligence and more. Nixon fooled the public is stating he had "a secret solution in winning the Vietnam war.  He lied as thousands more got killed after his 1968 election.
 
The whole era of the Nixon years seemed to be controversial and yes, corrupt. Somehow we made it thru the Nixon era!
 
ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment