Sunday, March 10, 2019

TRAITS IN BEING A GOOD PARENT

As I lay in my bed looking at the ceiling the thought comes to me on being a good parent. From being in the Delivery Room for both Ben and Josh in the seventies I reflect on the wonderful times we a have shared over the decades. My whole mission has been involvement! Family First has always been my motto.

It began with our first vacation in Charlestown, RI then onto a visit to the Statue of Liberty. As the boys grew my varied interests grew from traveling to Canada and then to Florida. For our family "Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet" was tantamount. When TWA had a "Kids Fly Free" promotion and Ben & Josh flew free to St. Louis.

Highlights of our trips include
  • 1987 World Series in St Louis
  • 1990 Trip to California, Australia and Hawaii
  • All Star baseball games to Toronto, Cincinnati and Baltimore
  • Big East basketball games
  • A peak into the Oval Office
Looking back over the years I submit the more you do with your kids and truly become part of their lives, when you grow old like me they will be at your sides. Nothing is more sad to hear folks my age that don't talk with their children! And it's never too late. Think about it.

CHILDREN LEARN WHAT THEY LIVE

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A DEDICATED AND APPRECIATIVE FATHER
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment