Thursday, March 14, 2019

A TOUCH OF SPRING

In driving over to North Brookfield to Hannaford Brothers I heard two distinct signs of Spring: Polliwogs known as peepers! The March sun is strong and the orderly melting of winter snows is taking place. The upper Midwest is another story. Did you see the truck and trailer blown over? Amazing.

March seems to have wings. The tempest of several weeks ago leaves branches all over the place. 

March Madness at Madison Square Garden is now in force and Seton Hall basketball will be a late game tonight and 9:30. Hopefully the Hall will dominate the boards!

I deal with my issues the best I can. My eczema rash on my back, in itself, is challenging as I don't have anybody to apply the camphor and backscratchers are difficult to maneuver. Any volunteers?

With any luck we will keep going towards a Spring to remember. The sap buckets are hanging on the sugar maples. It takes 40 gallons of sap to produce 1 gallon of maple syrup! In year past 'Johnson" and I visited the Davenport Sugar House in the Berkshires!

Think Spring!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN





No comments:

Post a Comment