Monday, March 4, 2019

THE STAGGERING COSTS OF CARS AND TRUCKS

As I sit by my front office window I am entertained with the flow of traffic - commerce and commuter. Newer cars & trucks zip by as if there's no tomorrow. Once in a while a Der-Jan flat bed truck travels with  with one or two collisions stacked up. Now, USA Today reveals the truth in how expensive cars and trucks really are.

"The average price of vehicles hit an all-time high of more than $36,000!" That's twice what my first home on King St, NB cost in 1970.
Good times and low unemployment has seen "car debt rise 75 percent since the Great Recession of 2009."

Americans are bombarded each evening with new car ads. "The most common loan now is72 months according to Experian." My 1982 Mercedes Benz was bought for $21,500 new factored with inflation equals about $54,000+ today.

While vehicle safety and technological innovations keep improving, the 2019 vehicles dazzle me. My 10 year Honda Accord with over 250,000 highway miles on it pays me dividends! Insurance is $47 per month.

Man's love affair continues in these good times. "America-the-amazing!"

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

"Johnson's 300,000 MILE HUMMER

Rhonda Honda

Model A Ford c. 1930

No comments:

Post a Comment