Thursday, March 7, 2019

COLD WEATHER -COLD CASH - NO CASH!

One of the first signs of Spring is the opening of The Clam Box in Brookfield! Us Northerners have been dealt biting cold and snow and getting out forces the issue. Howard's Drive-In has a big sign poster APRIL 5th. Hey, that's only 4 weeks away. I like Howards as I get the drift of "grease" coming my way on a SW wind.

I don't know if you have noticed how appealing using plastic can be in our lives?! USA SNAPSHOTS in today's newspaper stated 74% of consumers like the idea of paying with a debit or credit card. I like it and am using it more as with On Line banking I can have an instant accounting of dollars spent.

On another note I visited sister Jan and husband Ray Morin. Jan is now 79. Today she trusted me with some gold and silver jewelry and coins to sell. The interesting thing was a long-lost 10k gold ring once owned by dad! NBHS - 1933 or thereabouts along with other extraneous goodies.

The idea is sound to redeem all of your unwanted gold and silver.

As for the weather, single digit readings have kept me housebound. The trend, however, will be more moderate. I can hardly wait!

Probably will get a fasting blood draw at the VA in the morning. I's' optimistic about Friday!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment