Saturday, October 28, 2017

TEMPLE'S HISTORY OF NORTH BROOKFIELD

The history of Temple's History of North Brookfield has a jaundiced past.


I was at the Boston Public Library a few years past researching the Tpwn of North Brookfield when I came upon a classic hand-written letter to T.C. Bates praising this history book.


In 1960 I bought an original copy of the book for a buck. In 1986 my buddy Georgie Reeve was high bidder of a Temple's History at the Wendemuth Estate Auction held in my back yard!


Rumor had it the Haston Public Library dumped many original copies of Temples to the Landfill. Today there are about 8 or 9 original boxed copies in the history room in the local library!


I particularly like this tome because it is a First Class history. It has some awesome details of the Civil War and lithographs of town fathers to kill for.Ten years ago I paid $60 for a working Reproduction. My forebears are written about under PAUL WINE!


Tomorrow I'll travel to the American Antiquarian Society in Worcester to begin "digging" at the request of Mr. Mike Lee.




No comments:

Post a Comment