Saturday, October 28, 2017

DOESN'T ANYBODY REALY CARE ANYMORE?

Absolute disregard for a North Brookfield, MA. historic marker and landmark. I used to play in my Grandparent's yard and jump over this poignant marker! There was a time when the marker had painted black letters. Today it's' listing aimlessly like a ship ready to sink.


The stone's message is profound: HERE STOOD THE FIRST MEETING HOUSE...."


Where are civic organizations like the Rotary or Lions Club? Where are the Boy Scouts? Come on. Where is the North Brookfield pride? I've been there and done that in my attempt to restore Bates Observatory on Bell Hill.I failed.


There are granite historic markers on Rufus Putnam Road and wait corner.


The clock is ticking. I submit North Brookfield grab the bull by the horns and get things done!







George Wakefield  Antique Dealer


POTVIN HOMESTEAD

No comments:

Post a Comment