Sunday, October 29, 2017

NOT SO FAST DOLLAR GENERAL!

My forebears attended this schoolhouse back in 1890 something. The school was abandoned thereafter and George L. Wakefield, antique dealer  used it for storage I am told. Prices skyrocketed when WW II ended and Uncle Al bought it to make two apartments.  Roger and Anita Ducasse took title and Raymond and Jimmie Flamand  played with me as neighbors. Armand and Marjorie were our neighbors. The curious thing is the cupola was removed and no pictures survive.


Clearly, an elementary school in the neighborhood had meaning. But a Dollar General? Get lost! With over 14,000 DG stores NOT IN MY BACKYARD!


What about Zoning?




Every student will walk by the DG TRAP. Ya right. The more I think about it the more I feel sick! NEVER!


















SCHOOL on SOUTH MAIN STREET  NB


I used to jump over the tree when I was a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment