Wednesday, October 25, 2017

GOING TO KANSAS CITY - FATS DOMINO

There's a certain affection for Kansas City as the one I hold for Fats Domino! I had forgotten about his recording of 'Kansas City" as Wilbert Harrison hit bigger with his recording. This is 50 years ago.


From New Orleans, Ben and Josh and I drove up to Saint Louis then West to Kansas City. I was enrolled in two weeks of THE MISSOURI AUCTION SCHOOL, Kansas City. I was 39. The Kansas City spirit transformed this Easterner big time. I was with auctioneers from around the County and yes, I learned to "talk fast." The program transformed me into a calling I had dreamed about when LeRoy Vandyk had his hit recording of "THE AUCTIONEER" maybe in 1956.


I made friends, visited the Truman Library in Independence then drove nonstop home for a 5,000 mile trip! The neighbors said "Where have you been?" "I was in New Orleans and Kansas City!" LOL.


But now, as I listen and watch the marvelous work of The Fat Man I encourage all readers to pass on the Domino Legacy. Even Elvis said Fats Domino was better for he was a black recording artist!


In time Antoine "Fats" Domino and his music will be revered like no other.Why not get on the bandwagon and travel to KANSAS CITY as I once did.




No comments:

Post a Comment