Saturday, October 28, 2017

PASSAGES - PREDICTIBLE LIFE'S CRISIS

I was age 34 when I bit the bullet and quit my corporate job. For a moment I was lost. For two moments I began to "Self develop." I looked into my soul seeking direction and I found it! The Windsor Public Library was my friend and one book, in particular, "PASSAGES"  by Gail Sheehy proved to be my salvation! Eureka.





Her literary advice was just what the doctor ordered.


"IF WE DON'T CHANGE, WE DON'T GROW..


IF WE DON'T GROW WE AREN'T REALLY LIVING..


GROWTH DEMANDS A TEMPTING SURRENDER OF SECURITY"


I left my job security to gain my freedom. At midlife I never read more such books as PASSAGES! I highly recommend any of Gail Sheehy's books. They can help you through difficult times.


'THE ONLY EVIDENCE OF LIFE IS GROWTH' I know this as I am living into old age with self respect. My parents advice, too, was sound.


Good luck my younger friends. 'YOU CAN IF YOU THINK YOU CAN!' Rev. Norman Vincent Peale.



No comments:

Post a Comment