Sunday, May 21, 2017

WHAT I ENJOYED MOST ABOUT COLLEGE

My years in college were uneventful. Earlier, at NBHS I served as Mr. Leach's gopher. I was his errand boy. It was a symbiotic relationship. Junior College was the same. I lived at home and learned I could do college-level work. My academic achievements were mediocre. Same with Saint Louis University. All along I enjoyed politics.




At NBHS I was VP of my Freshman class and of my senior class. I liked being in charge. At Saint Louis I get the taste of leadership and courses in political science. It seems I was cut out for this activity. Both JFK and LBJ truly inspired me in their leadership styled. (Kennedy for his charm and Johnson for his earthy qualities.)




As I matured I sincerely believed that helping others was tantamount to the human cause. Kennedy and Johnson had a plausible message. More than 50 years later, their message holds water.




I never blamed LBJ for the Vietnam war. He inherited it and eventually sunk by its cause. If there is any question in your mind about Johnson's veracity watch LBJ on YouTube.




Presidents don't live forever but their causes do. The present President presents  so much flim flam. How will he hold up? It seems Trump is all over the world's map literally and figuratively. I repeat Johnson and Kennedy shaped my youth and now reinforce my old age! What's your take?









No comments:

Post a Comment