Monday, May 29, 2017

THE MARCHES OF JOHN PHILLIP SOUSA

I have attended some major parades in my lifetime. The biggest was the Desert Storm Victory Parade in New York City in 1991. If anything military parades bring out the best in my patriotic spirit.




John Philip Sousa is synonymous with band music. Many a boy and girl once played a Sousa March in the high school band.. me included. But the reality is marches are a demonstration of patriotic fervor.




On YouTube you can watch military bands performing or listen  under Sounds of the Season. You can listen to American patriotic songs and others Music for hours... from The Washington Post March to that of Radetzky. Semper Fideles is also a favorite of my Marine friends Jeff and Ronnie.




There's no time like the present to honor all U.S. veterans both living and dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment