Sunday, May 28, 2017

JFK AT 100 SEEMS TO BE AS POPULAR AS EVER

I did go to the JFK Library and Museum today and witnessed a presentation by NASA Engineer Su Curley. Su was informative going over all of the aspects of a Spacesuit. As I recall David Clark made some of the first spacesuits and maybe famed pilot Wiley Post invented the first spacesuit eons ago.


As I walked from the parking lot I observed license plates of 10 or more states! It's summer and folks have traveled from afar for this celebration. Su Curley had the 500 in attendance laughing in explaining astronaut diapers and "pee bags." What got me most was the interest very young students asking questions. Then there was a man who asked about a journey to Mars! Su said "Maybe in the 2020s."


I did present a book "Kennedy and the Press" to Bookstore Manager, Mike  Hancock, my main man.


Because of the nature of things and Kennedy's vision in going to the moon propagates futures for generations to come.


The clouzy weather continues. Son Ben just called from Charlotte saying their weekend weather was fabulous. Son Josh took Madeline to Bridgewater State for 3 soccer games. "The sun was out in Bridgewater. Younger sister Evelyn now has a new JEEP.. plastic, of course. Chase mowed my lawn again.


Maybe some old fashioned You Tube or Sounds of the Season  "BBQ Weekend!" I like Memorial Day as we remember the living and the dead.
















No comments:

Post a Comment