Monday, May 29, 2017

WHAT A DEPRESSING MEMORIAL DAY!

The one good thing is West Brookfield was able to have the parade as usual. Townsfolks were dressed for winter and the bands played on. Lexington's Diamond Fife and Drum touched my heart with traditional renditions of the Spirit of 76. Bi-Centennial celebrations in America were awesome. I remember them well.








I sported a cane today and was authorized to ambulate the crowd without problem. I always enjoy chatting with people and today was no different. There are some patriots sensitive to my Vietnam Veteran War identity. One good lady was even tears. Wars leave eternal scars and Vietnam is no different. The biggest scar of the weekend is the weather.








I don't want to concentrate on how many millions are being lost because of the weather. Everybody looses. I didn't stay for a feast at the American Legion. Legionnaires work hard in feeding us.








Yes, it's a Monday, a Holiday Memorial Monday,






Willard's "Spirit of '76" oil painting
and I welcome my new readers to the BLOG.







Lexington Fife & Drum




No comments:

Post a Comment