Saturday, November 28, 2020

THE COLD BEAVER MOON ON BIRCH HILL

 BLOOD GLUCOSE 114

This particular November Saturday saw clouds and temperatures about 50 degrees. Dick Johnson came by and suggested we travel to Westborough to the Lyman School for Boys. This landmark reform school closed in 1971. Dick was a student there in the fifties. The real estate is titled to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It has been abandoned for the most part. We enjoyed the ride both on Route 9 and Route 20.

When I returned I called Chase to see what the plan was. He said "I can build you a fire, Pops!" He did and it was a good one. Josh and friends were busy assembling a soccer net. The fire grew and I was cold on one side and hot on the other. Heidi and Amy joined the group coupled by the three Potvin girls.. Lily, Maddie and Evie. The spirit was high as a near-full Beaver moon appeared in the Eastern skies. As the day turned into night the warmth of the campfire prevailed. I ended up staying an extra hour.

Tomorrow looks like a sunny day and I promised Chase he could drive the Honda to New Braintree. Josh invited me back for another relaxing day around the fire.

Tomorrow morning I will watch Jane Pauley and others.

When I left Birch Hill tonight I yelled "It just doesn't get any better" The day was full!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN




No comments:

Post a Comment