Tuesday, November 3, 2020

FLU SHOT


 At the behest of my esteemed friend, J. Maurice Barfield I took his advice and got a flu shot. I went to Hannaford Pharmacy last week and obliged. The pharmacist said it would be a week before more vaccines arrived. Today I received a call saying it was in.

I filled out paperwork and provided my Medicare card and waited. I observed Hannaford cashiers bleeping customers purchases. Amazing!! The volumes of food purchased amazed me. And I waited. Then my turn came! My left arm is where I got shot.

I then went shopping for cereal and cheese. I bought a plastic box of blueberries and dropped the whole darn box in aisle 5. Not good. The store was slow to pick up my mess. I did buy a tuna fish salad finger roll which I ate for lunch along with a glass of prune juice.

Several people commented on my flagadillic trousers. One lady said I was "patriotic!" Others commented in a positive manner.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN


No comments:

Post a Comment