Thursday, November 26, 2020

A QUIET THANKSGIVING IN THE BROOKFIELDS

It was a quiet day in the Brookfields. I slept-in a bit and was slow to go about my business. The rainy weather prevailed much of the day. I was surprised by SonBen Google Duo call from Belmont, NC. My phone rang differently and I could see Ben and Savannah' image! How nice. After all these years of a Sunday phone call we have a new approach.. like Skype I guess.

 I was delivered a turkey dinner from Ronnie & Chrissie. It was good for a change. Then it was watching college basketball until 3:00PM when I was invited to Birch Hill.. "rain or shine." When I got there I was amused to see a colorful beach umbrella next to my chair. It was sprinkling and served us well. Chase and Evie were dismantling stones from the wall making a path. Evelyn had a small shovel.

As my visit ensued Evie came close and played a game with Pops. "Why did the dog cross the road? So he could get to the other side!" We had fun asking all kinds of foolish questions. We both laughed with approval.

Heidi joined us. It was a relaxing two hour visit. Then the sun came out for five minutes. Fickle weather. Then the moon appeared.

My Thanksgiving was relaxing and rewarding with family!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN


No comments:

Post a Comment