Tuesday, November 3, 2020

ELECTION DAY 2020

It's a bright windy day here in the Brookfields on Election Day. As I voted by absentee ballot several weeks ago all I have to do is to wait until 8:00pm for results.

I recall Election Day in 1960! I was 18 and interested in the process. I worked with Red Lee and Red said 'Take the limousine owned by J.F.Lyons and go pick up the nuns, Bobby!" I did and found the nuns to be ebullient. It was an experience I shall never forget.

Other election days come to mind such as 1968 when Nixon won. George Wallace also ran. It was the beginning of  a new era in American politics. Nixon claimed "he had a secret way of ending the Vietnam War. Yea.. right!

All elections are full of surprises. Maybe today's will be a surprise? Wait and see!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN



No comments:

Post a Comment