Sunday, May 1, 2016

BACK HOME AGAIN IN INDIANA

 There's a certain romance in the name of the State Indiana. Admitted to the Union in 1816..Indiana is flat land. I traveled across the Hoosier State in 1962 on my way to Saint Louis and college. My mentor had graduated from Wabash College in the thirties and I graduated from the Certified Auctioneers' Institute at Bloomington in the eighties.

Better yet my college roommate, Bill Gross hailed from Indianapolis. We are kindred spirits to this day. Indiana is like a second home to me. Certainly Indianapolis Motor Speedway is attractive to car buffs. Now we have a race of different sorts...a Political race.

 The Primaries across our great Country give a wonderful attention to the process. On Tuesday Indiana will be zooming from corner to corner. I have been to Notre Dame and have driven a lap at the Motor Speedway. The world will be watching the Race from stem to stern!

Today, it has been cold, very cold. Looks like all week will follow through. Sleet at Fenway Park? Not nice!


Charlotte Motor Speeedway


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment